Search This Blog

10.31.2010

"Annie" at Archbishop Prendergast High School

Hi Friends and Happy Halloween!

I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday weekend.  Mine was great -- baked lots of yummy Halloween treats and enjoyed a fun Halloween get-together with friends last night.  Today, however, it was back to business, with rehearsal for Archbishop Prendergast High School's production of "Annie!"  I will be playing in the pit orchestra for this production, which opens in less than two weeks on Friday, November 12th.

For those of you not familiar, "Annie" tells the story of a young orphan girl and her adventures in finding a family who will take her.  You are likely familiar with the most popular tune from the musical, "Tomorrow."  The show will feature not only the talented high school students at Prendie, but also several young children acting as the "orphans," who are adorable and also very talented!  You can also "bet your bottom dollar" it will feature a large and very talented pit orchestra.  Come on, I had to!  :)

On a personal note, I am most excited about this performance, because it will be the first time I have ever played four different instruments in a show.  I know what you're probably thinking - what's so great about that, don't most woodwind players do this all the time?  Well, up until now, I have only ever traded off between clarinet and sax in the shows I have played.  So this is a new milestone for me.  But what's more exciting, is that two of the instruments I am playing are ones I had never before picked up before this show--flute and soprano sax!  I intend to write more about my journey teaching myself to play flute in a later post, so stay tuned!  Anyway, you should definitely come check this out, even if it's just to see whether I am capable of juggling all of those instruments!!

"Annie" will run at Prendie through two weekends, at the following dates and times:

Friday, Nov 12, 7:30 pm
Saturday, Nov 13, 7:30 pm
Sunday, Nov 14, 2:00 pm

Friday, Nov 19, 7:30 pm
Saturday, Nov 20, 7:30 pm
Sunday, Nov 20, 2:00 pm

Tickets are $10 at the door.  You may also purchase your tickets in advance, beginning this Tuesday, November 2nd.  However, tickets purchased in advance must be picked up prior to the show (no tickets will be left at the door).  Please call 610-259-0280 for more information!

Hope to see you out at one of the performances!

Musically yours,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment