Search This Blog

10.19.2010

"So You Think You Can Sing?"

That was the headline I read for a small blurb in the South Philly Review early on a Monday morning in the spring of 2007, while living in Queen Village with my best friend Darcy.  I hardly ever read the newspaper, but for some reason that morning I picked the paper up off our doorstep and decided to read it.  The minute I saw that headline I said to myself, "Yeah, as a matter of fact I do think I can sing."  So I read on.  It turned out that the blurb I found was referring to auditions for the Holiday POPS Festival Chorus, which sings with Peter Nero and the Philly POPS for the ten Holiday POPS concerts each December at the Kimmel Center.  I called that day to schedule an audition, and, as the saying goes, the rest is history.

This year will be my fourth year singing with the Festival Chorus, and, as I think I mentioned in a prior post, I could not be more delighted.  The director of the chorus, Jeffrey Kern, is amazing, and of course it is an honor to perform with Peter and the POPS ("the best orchestra in the entire cosmos", as Peter would say).  Tonight was the choir's first rehearsal, and we have a great group of singers, with an already solid tone.  It should be an excellent year!

Anyway, the real intent of this post is to let you all know that membership into the choir is still open, to both male and female singers.  SO, if "you think you can sing," can read music decently well, and would be willing to make the commitment to the rehearsals and concerts, please get in touch with me.  I believe membership is available to anyone over the age of 16.  I would be happy to provide a schedule of the rehearsals and performances, upon request.  Existing choir members are able to bring new singers to rehearsal for the next two Tuesday evening rehearsals. After that, membership will be closed.

If you would like to contact me about singing with the Holiday POPS Festival Chorus, please e-mail me at tinadmusic@gmail.com.

Thanks and I hope to sing with some of you this year!

Musically yours,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment