Search This Blog

8.01.2010

"Jazzing Up" Brunch, Philly Style

Hi Friends,

So, it is Sunday, and while admittedly past the hours that are generally acceptable for "brunch," I can't help but think of brunch on Sundays.  Sitting down to a nice brunch is probably one of my favorite activities, particularly on an early Sunday afternoon, when the weather is something like it was yesterday--around 80 degrees, abundant sunshine, with a nice breeze.  So how does this tie into music, you might be wondering?

Well, by now, one thing you should have learned about me is that I also love jazz.  In fact, jazz is arguably my favorite type of music to listen to.  Combine this with my affinity for brunch, and you  have pretty much the best date this girl could ask for: Jazz Brunch.

I recently heard about a few spots offering live jazz during Sunday brunch, so I thought I would share:

  • Estia, located at 1405-07 Locust St, an upscale Greek and Mediterranean restaurant, features a live jazz band during Sunday brunch from 12 pm - 3 pm.  
  • Nodding Head Brewery, located at 1516 Sansom Street, features not only unique micro-brews on tap, but also jazz brunch on Sundays from 10 am - 1 pm.  
  • Manayunk Brewery on Main Street in Manayunk has a live jazz brunch buffet on Sundays from 10:30 am - 2 pm.   
  • It has also been rumored that "Mar Bar" (upstairs at the Marathon Grill) at 40th & Walnut Streets in University City features jazz brunch on Sundays, although I was unable to find any details online.
I unfortunately have not attended any of the aforementioned jazz brunches, so you'll have to rely on Yelp for reviews on any of these for the time being.  I do hope to check out one of these spots soon, however, so "stay 'tuned'"!

~Tina

2 comments:

  1. Great article Tina,

    If you're looking for a place to have brunch and enjoy jazz in the background, check out Redstone American Grill in Plymouth Meeting. Their Sunday brunch is from 10am-3pm with a variety of options:

    Chef's Omelet, Crab Benedict, Caramel Pecan Waffles, and the "Neverending" Family Style Brunch. The jazz is not live, but it is still enjoyable even on their outdoor patio that makes you forget that you're sitting in the middle of a parking lot of the mall. I'll be working this Sunday if you would like to stop in.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for suggestion, Moe! I'll keep that in mind for when I am in that area.

    Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete