Search This Blog

6.23.2010

Jump City Jazz Orchestra at Le Cochon Noir!

Hi Friends!

Happy Hump Day!  I know I am particularly happy that tomorrow is Thursday already, in part because I am on vacation next week (yay!), but also because Jump City Jazz Orchestra (also featured in my last post) is playing at Le Cochon Noir tomorrow night!


Located at 5070 Parkside Avenue in Philadelphia, Le Cochon Noir is Philly's newest "hotspot" for jazz and blues, and evidently, upscale BBQ as well!  I, for one, am extremely pleased to see such a venue spring up in Philly, especially after the devastating closing of Ortlieb's Jazz Haus.  I am also excited to report that the elite, 18-piece big band, Jump City Jazz Orchestra, has landed a regular gig at this new venue; the band is scheduled to perform the last Thursday of every month for "Big Band Thursdays"!  So come out if you can to enjoy some good food and quality big band music!

Hope to see you there tomorrow night!
Tina

2 comments:

  1. Its fantastic to hear that Jump City Jazz Orchestra will be a regular at Le Cochon Noir! I will have to attend another Thursday since this month is not panning out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night was great! The next one will be July 29th - mark your calendar! :)

    ReplyDelete