Search This Blog

3.17.2010

Overture to a Blog

Just like every instrumental composition must have an opening, every blog must have a first post, right?  So I suppose I will use this first post as an opportunity to introduce myself.

My name is Tina, and from 9 to 5, Monday - Friday, I am a financial analyst at a small, privately-held consulting firm in Philadelphia.   However, I am, and have always been, a musician at heart.  When not at work, most of my time is consumed by performing, writing, teaching, listening to, and/or thinking about MUSIC.  

Plain and simple, music is my passion, and I hope to one day be able to dedicate myself to it on a full time basis.  In the meantime, however, I continue to perform and teach in my spare time.  AND, I decided to start THIS BLOG because I wanted a forum where I could share information about upcoming music-related events and performances, as well as relevant published articles and some of my own personal thoughts about topics relating to music.  My goal is to share my passion for music--one of the most universal of all human experiences--with others, and to aid in the development of others' knowledge, skills, understanding, and appreciation of music.

So kick back, relax, and enjoy!

Musically,
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment