Search This Blog

1.17.2011

Pepper's Ghost is BACK!

Hi Friends and Happy New Year!

I hope everyone is enjoying 2011 so far. I personally knew it was going to be a good year when I heard Pepper's Ghost was "coming out of hiatus" to play together again... this weekend!

I have been a fan of Pepper's Ghost ("PG") for many years.  Not only did most of the members graduate from my alma mater, good old Springfield High School, and I love supporting local music, but they also are one of the most talented bands I have heard play rock music, local or otherwise.  PG sites influences such as The Beatles, Queen, David Bowie, and the Bee Gees, but they do have a distinctly original sound, and their music has continued to evolve over the years.

PG is playing two shows at The Grape Room this Saturday, January 22, first at 7:30 (doors at 7 pm) and then a second show at 10:30 (doors at 10 pm).  The 7 pm show will feature special guest, Smyth, an indie rock band also based in Philly.  PG puts on an incredible, high-energy live show, so I highly recommend you check it out if you are available on Saturday!


You can purchase tickets in advance for $8 on TicketWeb or $10 at the door.  Tickets purchased for the 10 pm show are good only for that show, not the 7 pm show, and vice versa.  I have heard the venue is small, and that advanced tickets are recommended.

For those of you who don't know anything about the band, I encourage to take a few minutes and read the bio on the band's Reverbnation profile.  You can (and should) also check them out and "Like" them on Facebook.  I have also included a video, below, so you can get a taste of the band performing live.

Pepper's Ghost performing "Everything and Anything" at The Trocadero Theater in July 2006

Here's a little more info about the venue:
The Grape Room
105 Grape Street
Philadelphia, PA 19127
215-930-0321
graperoom@gmail.com
21 years and over

I will be there and hope to see you there too!

Cheers!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment