Search This Blog

9.01.2010

September!

Hello friends!

Hard to believe it's September already!  "Ba de ya... say do you remember..." sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I will admit, I am sad to see summer go, but I think I am ready for my favorite of all the seasons to arrive... fall!  Not only does fall mean lovely weather (particularly for running), pumpkin spiced lattes at Starbucks, 


pumpkin/apple picking at Linvilla, 

and my favorite holiday...







but fall is also the time of year when music season picks up! Which means I will be keeping busy rehearsing and performing, and attending some exciting performances as well. I promise to keep you updated on all the latest and greatest, and hope to see you out at some shows.

For now, I wanted to share with you all a clip from last week's performance of Jump City Jazz Orchestra at Le Cochon Noir.  (I also posted just a couple new pictures to my "Photos" page of this blog, for those of you who are interested.)  As I have mentioned in the past, JCJO plays there the last Thursday of each month for "Big Band Thursdays", with the next performance scheduled for Thursday, September 30.  The band plays two sets, starting at 8 pm, and there is no cover!  Just come out and enjoy some great BBQ cuisine and the fine music of Jump City.  And my company, as I will likely be there showing my support!  :)



Also, don't forget to check out the Philly Fringe Festival, which is going on throughout Philadelphia starting this Friday, September 3, with performances by various artists running through Saturday, September 18.  As I wrote last month, I will be performing on clarinet as part of a woodwind quintet (+ piano) for five performances of Mike Dutka's original children's opera, The Crowded House.  Performances will run from September 9 - 12 at The Lantern Theater Company, St. Stephen's Theater. For details about the show and to purchase tickets, click here.  

So Happy Fall, Labor Day, "Back to School", etc. to all--I hope everyone's season gets off to a fabulous start!

No comments:

Post a Comment