Search This Blog

4.12.2010

Neumann University Jazz Band and Wind Ensemble: Musical Styles

Hi Friends!

Wanted to let you all know that I will be performing this Thursday night with the Neumann University (not just a college anymore, haha!) Jazz Band and Wind Ensemble in their spring concert.  The concert will take place in the Meagher Theatre located in the Thomas A. Bruder, Jr. Life Center on the Neumann University campus.  The concert begins at 8:00 p.m. and will be conducted by Dr. Rick Sayers, a.k.a. the coolest director I know!
I pulled the following description from the University's website:  "The Jazz Band and Wind Ensemble join forces to present a variety of musical styles and instrumental combinations at this annual event."  Sounds really formal, but really it's a bunch of students and some volunteer community members getting together to play music and having a fun time doing it!  So if you happen to be free this Thursday, come out and support the music program at Neumann!  

Since I mentioned it, the "volunteer community members" as Rick so lovingly refers to us as are as follows:

Tina DiCroce (that's ME!) on alto sax
Andy Hutton and Bob Tokonitz on trombone
Jim Hoeffer on french horn (big shout-out to Jim!)

A funny sidenote (or at least I find it funny):
A while back, when I used to work in the administrative offices of Enterprise Rent-a-Car, I actually had both Andy and Bob call me, at work, and when asking to speak with me, introduce themselves as "Andy, the trombone player" and "Bob, the trombone player."  Completely separate incidents, in the same week.  Needless to say, my co-workers started to wonder about me after that... haha!  No idea why they both called me in the same week, or better, at work, but hey it resulted in a couple jokes at the time... and a really uninteresting blog post four years after the fact!  So sorry!

Anyway, some additional details about Thursday night's concert at Neumann:
Admission: General $8; Seniors/Students $5, Neumann Students with ID and children under 12 FREE

Hope to see you there!!
~Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment